Predators Netball Club was established in 1999 and has grown and changed over the last decade. Below is a short list of some of Predators History – if you have anything you think we should add please get in touch.
- ECS Predators Netball Club started with 2 teams and sponsorship from Evans Chemical Supplies. The club were successful in applying for a Lottery Grant from Sport England of £2,300 to establish the club.
- In the first season the first team won the Cornwall Premier League without losing a game and the second team won promotion to Division 1.
- A third team was added and the club established a new junior section. An U12 and U14 team were entered into the local junior league. In this season the third team won Division 5 and the second team won Division 1.
- First team won Premier League and were runners up in the Super League. The first team also competed for the first time in the Western League which is represented by the top two clubs in each county in the South West. The third team won Division 4.
- Club members, Sonia Jackson and Sharon Wherry completed the London Marathon for the first time raising money for the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Appeal.
- First team won the Premier Division and were runners up in the Super League. Third team won Division 4.
- The club achieved England Netball Silver CAPS and Clubmark accreditation.
- First team won promotion into Division 1 of the South West League by competing in the South West League Tournament. They also won the Super League and the Second team won Division 1.
- Club organised a 10 mile sponsored walk from the Crossroad Motel, Scorrier to Portreath and back and raised £300. The money was split between the club and the Pirate FM Hospital Appeal.
- First team won the Super League and were runners up in the Premier Division. They came fifth in Division 1 of the South West League which means they qualified to enter into the National Clubs Tournament. Second team runners up in Division 1, Third team came third in Division 3.
- In the Junior League the U15 team were runners up and the U13’s were third in their league. The U13’s were also awarded Sports Team of the Year.
- Club accesses £350 funding towards establishing a school club link with Richard Lander school and to help with supporting the newly established Truro High 5 Primary League.
- Junior Club wins Cornwall Sports Awards Junior Club of the Year
- First team were runners up in Division 1.
- Third team were runners up in Division 6 gaining promotion to Division 5.
- Club member Natasha Howard wins Netball South West Community Volunteer of the Year.
- Club members Renata Frucella and Alice Page achieve Level 2 qualified coach.
- Third team were runners up in Division 5 gaining promotion again for a second season. The Fourth team were runners up in Division 6 gaining promotion next season to Division 4.
- Club member Natasha Howard achieves B Umpire Award.
- Third team won division 6 and gained promotion to division 5.
- Second team won division 4 and gained promotion to division 3.
- Club Member Hazel Fisher qualifies as a Level 2 coach.
- U12s Predators Pure won Most Sporting Team.
- U14s Predators Passion won Most Improved Team.
- Third Team were Runners Up in Division 5 and promoted to Division 4.
(Coaches Gill and Tracey accepting the award for the third team)
- Club Secretary Tracey Woodrow nominated for Netball South West Goalden Globes ‘ Club Volunteer of the Year’.
- U14s Player Olivia May won County Most Improved Player of the year.
- U14s Player Anna Skuse won Satellite Player of the year.